Table of Contents
Park Terrace Gardens Review is an unofficial blog, with associated websites, created by, for and about the residents of Park Terrace Gardens. We hope it will become a place where residents can:
- introduce themselves to their neighbors and, possibly, provide occasional updates on job, family, and milestones;
- write articles about topics (the garden, composting, pets, children, local parks and playgrounds, restaurants, parking, etc.) which will be of special interest to PTG residents;
- announce meetings and events of local interest;
- report on local performances, merchants community meetings and institutions;
- post relevant pictures, documents, videos and audios;
- express opinions about local concerns;
- draw attention to mentions of Inwood and PTG in the media and on the web;
The site is a work in progress and we will be making it up as we go along.
Anyone may comment on posted articles. To do so, simply click on the "Comments" link below the article.
Doing so will bring up a form which looks like this:You may login using your Posterous, Facebook or Twitter account; otherwise you must provide a name (which may be fictitious) to be displayed over your comment. Provide your email address (and check the appropriate checkbox) if you would like to be notified when further comments are added to the article. Fill in the web address of your website (homepage) if you would like readers of your comment to be able to be taken there when they click on your name. You may also opt to have your comment posted to your Facebook wall. When everything is properly filled out you may click on the "Comment" button to post your remarks:
Remarks by new or unidentified commenters are moderated. They will not appear on the website immediately after having been submitted. Instead, an email will be sent to the webmaster notifying him of a pending comment in need of review. Once the comment has been vetted it will, if deemed acceptable, be approved and will appear on the website.
Grounds for not approving a comment include: it is deemed to be spam; it is deemed to be malicious or scurrilous; it is found to reveal, without consent, the private information of another ; or it includes language or images deemed inappropriate.
Residents are encouraged to become contributors to the site and then to submit posts. To do so:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email should include your name and your apartment number (to allow us to verify that you are a resident of PTG). You should also specify the email address(es) from which you would like to submit posts. These will be added to a list which will be used by Posterous site software;
- Wait for an email which will tell you the address to which posts should be sent and will include brief instructions;
- You will now qualify as a contributor. This means that you will receive all posts to this weblog in your email (although this can be turned off) and that you may contribute a post by sending an email from the account you specified.
- To post an article, address it to the email address contained in the confirmation message you received, put the title of your post in the "Subject" field, enter the text of your post in the body of your email message and attach any multimedia files (audio, video, pictures or documents) which should be incoroporated into the post; The post should appear within a few minutes of your sending it in email.
- If you prefer not to receive emails every time an article is posted, scroll down to the bottom of such an email and look for the link which reads: Unsubscribe from emails . Following this link will take you to a page which will allow you to cancel email delivery of posts.
We have set up a forum site where more elaborate discussions may be conducted.