Check below the map for instructions on how to use it.
To reposition the map:
- position your mouse cursor somewhere over the map;
- left-click your mouse button to "grab" the map;
- move your mouse to position the "grabbed" area;
- repeat this procedure until the map displays the intended area
To zoom in on an area:
- Map zoom controls are located on the left edge of the map, toward the top. The plus icon will zoom in on the central portion of the current map display while the minus icon will zoom out.
To have the map calculate a route:
- A small form in the upper left-hand corner of the map has fields, labelled "where from?" and "where to?", which allow you to specify exactly the origin of your bike trip and its destination. A drop-down menu box allows you to choose whether you would like the most direct route, a safe route or an even safer route. When you are ready to have the route calculated just click on the "go" button.
- Right-clicking on a point on the map will bring up a context menu which will allow you to designate that spot as either your point of origin or your destination.
- The upper right corner of the map has a box containing two icons which can be dragged onto the map and then dropped on the positions which are to serve as points of origin and destination.